October 05, 2010

GREAT Expectations

By Cindy Pentecost

As we come away from the Freedom 2010 Conference and end the special promotional month, I have a couple questions for each of you. Was September all you had hoped it would be? Do you believe that YOU can do what the leaders testified about doing? I have really poured my mind over the common thread of the reason behind each of these different leaders and what has moved them from their everyday lives into a life they never quite believed they could have. One word sums up the characteristic I saw in each of our successful leaders—servant. Our leaders have, and continue to, learn that in order to be successful he or she must pour themselves into the lives of others and help others succeed before they themselves ever will. The following verse comes to mind as a standard to live by: “Whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant…For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom.” Mark 10: 43, 45



I saw in many of you who came to Conference a deep, sometimes almost desperate, desire to do something more with your lives. My own son, Kyler, spoke words that moved many, myself included. He said that his personal approach has been to help as many people as possible reach a place where they can walk away from their day job. This opportunity affords them the opportunity to be out doing what they were really called to do-what they love to do. When people are bogged down with the ins and outs of everyday life, they often have to turn down the very thing they are passionate about. I have thought about this statement and it occurred to me that Jesus is the person who best understands the complete and total purpose of life from heaven’s perspective, but who also knows what it feels like to live in the heat and dust and discouragement of everyday life.



Many have been building and moving their businesses to higher levels and feeling good about the progress they have made. However, I want to remind you that God made you to be great! “I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me (I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses inner strength into me; I am self sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency).” Philippians 4:13. So what are you waiting for? Whatever you may think you do not have, ask God for it and believe in Him to deliver. Allow His character to shine through you. Plant those seeds of hope and greatness. Speak and share the truth of the opportunity you have been entrusted with and watch with eager expectation to receive the greatness God alone knows He has in store for you!

Blessings… Go out and be great!

1 comment:

Oriana said...

Cindy,

You’ve touched my heart at conference with Eph 4:24. It's written in my new It Works Padfolio right under the words "Hair Tonic" :-). It moved my heart so much to have the Word of God shared with us all. A word you asked the Lord Himself for. Amazing boldness! It moved and touched my heart so much that I came home and told everyone about you as well as the It Works and the Conference. Now my heart is moved once again Thank You for being willing and bold as to encourage us with the Word of God, to bring our It Works business to new levels. A servants heart is truly the best kind to have.
I Truly Appreciate It!

Blessings,
Oriana Hudson, NH