December 03, 2010

The Power of Your Thoughts

By Director of Marketing, Pam Sowder

It Works just announced the biggest challenge in company history: “Dash to the Destination”! We challenge YOU to be paid as a Double Diamond Distributor during the month of December 2010 or January 2011, so that you will receive the exclusive invite to this once-in-a-lifetime, first time ever, event! The ribbon cutting ceremony for our brand new corporate headquarters in Bradenton, Florida will be a historical moment. There will also be advanced training courses, announcements of exciting new marketing tools, and most importantly, meeting with other leaders and sharing our dreams and stories. Will you be there?



I would like to help you achieve this goal by sharing information that has completely transformed my life. To start, let’s analyze the word “challenge”, as mentioned above. According to the dictionary definition, a challenge is: something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc. A call to battle, wow! Now that makes sense. Think about it- battles are always fought and won within you- and that begins and ends with your thoughts. Your thoughts become things.

What are you thinking right now? Unfortunately, most people spend their time thinking about what they don't want and wonder why they experience the same results again and again. Do you realize that? The first time I heard this I was blown away. How could my thoughts create my world? Once I started studying this I came to the realization that this is true- the most absolute truth that I have ever known. Your thoughts are creative. So what are you thinking?

I would like for you to focus on what you do want- not what you don’t want. This can be harder than it sounds! I have found it is easier for most of us to begin by identifying what we do not want and then just turn it around.

Below are some examples of negative thoughts you may have regarding Dash to the Destination Challenge:

I never win anything.

I can’t make it to Diamond, much less Double Diamond.

I might as well not even try, that way I won’t be disappointed.

My spouse wouldn’t let me go even if I did win.

I only have two months do this and it is Christmas.

I am too scared to even try.


When you focus on these thoughts, and keep them alive, they become your reality. This is a very profound idea. You are creating your world through your thoughts. Pretty hard to believe, isn’t it? Take a look at your life right now. What have you been thinking? Have these thoughts manifested in your life? Start thinking and speaking about what you do want. Your thoughts not only matter, they create matter. Thought is where everything comes from. And your thoughts are where your business, and your life, come from.



"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions."--Albert Einstein

If Einstein is correct, then ask yourself, “What am I imagining? What am I thinking?” If your thoughts and imagination are life’s preview of coming attractions, then let’s start thinking these thoughts:

I am a winner.

I am creating a tremendous Double Diamond business.

My spouse is excited about my business.

I have more than enough time for my dreams to come true.

I am everything I need and I am secure because I have nothing to fear in myself.


Replace your "don't wants" with “wants”; when you find yourself thinking of things you don't want in your life, interrupt those thoughts, and replace them with thoughts about what you do want.

Start with a picture, an idea in your mind, and before you know it you will be living it. This is exactly what I have been doing. I have a vision of what I want and keep it clearly in my thoughts. I have “mind” pictures as well as magazine and book pictures of what I want. I visualize 14,000 people at our It Works Convention and because of that I wake up every day excited and grateful for what the day will bring. The pressure is off to perform, I simply enjoy. I know that if I can envision it, I can have it. Stop thinking of things as something you “have to do”- live your life through inspired action! Amazing things will start to happen in your life. You will run into people that want this product and are excited about the business. Life is supposed to be fun. Enjoy this journey.

I will see you on the beach in Florida in February.

For more information, order “The Power” CD Series by Rhonda Byrne.

3 comments:

Heather Bunnell said...

Intent is such a powerful thing! Thanks for the reminder, Pam. I believe strongly in this, but I really needed the extra motivation.
See you in Florida!

Debbie Sasek, Grand Rapids, MI said...

Pam -

So love it!!! See you in Florida!

Debbie Sasek,
Grand Rapids, MI

Darlene Somers O'Shea said...

Pam

I am on this jorney of positive thinking and visualization, it has been a very amazing walk with unbelievable outcomes. Thankyou for leading us in such a powerful way.

See you in Florida!