December 07, 2010

What are YOU Dreaming of This Christmas?

By Cindy Pentecost

I heard “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” playing on the radio the day after Thanksgiving and this question popped in my mind: what is on your Dream Board? How do you decide what you want, while making sure that your dreams are in line with the dreams God has for your life? Please do not misunderstand me! Wanting nice things is not wrong, but, as with everything, we need to find a balance. At the end of the day when all the “things” we wanted have rusted, been sold or thrown away, we want to have invested in the things that last.

I wondered to myself, if we asked the Lord to give us His dreams for our lives and made boards to reflect His desires, what might they look like? There is a verse in God’s Word that reads “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know,” Jeremiah 33:3. Again, in John 14:13-14, God says, “Whatever you ask, in My name, that will I do so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in My name, I will do it.” I can think of so many examples throughout the scriptures where God used dreams to communicate His will. In the lives of Daniel, Joseph, Solomon, Gideon, Jacob, Pharaoh, and Pilot’s wife, just to name a few. At this time of year we have the wonderful example of Joseph, who was contemplating whether he was to take Mary as his wife and the Lord showed him the answer through a dream.

 
“While he was trying to figure a way out, he had a dream. God’s angel spoke in the dream: Joseph, son of David, don’t hesitate to get married. Mary’s pregnancy is spirit conceived. God’s Holy Spirit made her pregnant. She will bring a son to birth and when she does, you, Joseph, will name him Jesus—God saves—because he will save his people from their sins,” Matthew 1:20-23. When Joseph woke up, he did exactly what God’s angel commanded in the dream.




How amazing it is that God used, and still uses, dreams to communicate with us? He also places the dreams in our hearts that will draw us to the perfect plan He has for us. I challenge each of us to ask God what He would want displayed on our Dream Board. We talk often of the “It Work’s Way.”—It would be unique and very different for the team of It Work’s distributors to fill their dream boards with pictures of family harmony, financial peace, reconciled relationships—ways to use the blessings to be a blessing to others, us doing service projects and getting our families involved. Imagine a car on your board, but for someone else who has no transportation. I absolutely believe that if you put into play these promises from God’s word that are written above and ask for God to align His dreams for your Dream Board with His Plans and Dreams, we could, by the Power of God, change the world.

As I close I want to wish you and your family a very special blessed and merry Christmas and leave you with this promise.

I will keep asking the Lord of our Jesus Christ, the Glorious Father, to give you His spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him and His plans for you better. I will pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints and His incomparably great power for those of us who believe.

Ephesians 1:17-19

2 comments:

Sharon Borosevich said...

Cindy thank you sooo much for your inspiring word...
It goes right along with what I myself have been asking God..."what is Your plan for my life?" I love the idea of putting on my dream board pictures of the things He is saying to me...
Also your idea to include on my dream board pictures of things that others are dreaming about...because just maybe... God wants to use ME to help fulfill them!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!! xox

Darlene Somers O'Shea said...

Cindy, thank you for your Godly insight and the gift of wisdom truely from God. I do believe God guides us through dreams as you so shared with us. I was struggeling with filling in my vision board it is only 1/3 done and wondered why I couldn't fill it in. I won't have any trouble now, so many things popped up in my head for my family and for Gods perfect will in my life,I will now fill up my vision board with the wisdom you have shared with us. Thankyou and may God shower down many spirirtual and family blessing this Holy season.

Merry Christmas to you and Mark and all of your own